On Tuesday, February 6th at 3 am the Swea City Fire Department was dispatched for a structure fire at 308 Park Avenue in Swea City. On arrival, a detached garage was found fully engulfed with the fire starting to spread to the house. All occupants were safely out of the house on arrival thanks in part to working smoke detectors. The fire on the house was quickly extinguished and the garage brought under control afterward. The garage was a total loss, the house received minor fire damage and significant smoke damage due to windows near the garage breaking, also a vehicle near the garage received significant damage. Assisting on the scene was Kossuth County EMS, Ledyard Fire, Kossuth County Sheriff’s Department, Kossuth County Emergency Management, and Alliant Energy.